Thanks for your interest in volunteering!
Volunteers play an essential role in helping Loveland Habitat for Humanity fulfill our mission to build homes in partnership with qualified individuals and families in need of a hand up. We welcome volunteers on our construction site, at our ReStore, and administrative office. Volunteers also serve on our Board of Directors and key committees.
- Waiver of Liability – Adults or Fill out the Adult Waiver Online
- Waiver of Liability – Minors
Interested in being a construction volunteer? No prior experience is necessary, just willing hands and heart to make a direct impact in our community.
Once you sign up for a volunteer slot, you will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator with more information about your build day. We build year-round and construction volunteers are essential to our success. Everyone 18 years and older is welcome to sign up!
Here’s a summary of our Construction Volunteer program:
- No previous construction skills are required or expected.
- All tools and safety gear provided and supervised by skilled construction team.
- Typical tasks include framing, drywall, soffit work, interior and exterior painting, and landscape related work. We have homes at different stages of completion, and ask for your flexibility with assignments.
- Friday and Saturday schedules are 8:30am-3:30pm.
- All construction volunteers must be present for Sign-in and Safety Presentation at beginning of work day. No exceptions.
- What to Wear– Dress with safety in mind and clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or stained (painting may be involved). Loose clothing can be dangerous when using power tools. Dress layered as weather conditions and job assignments may vary throughout the day. Please note – no shorts shorter than mid-thigh and no bare midriffs. Sturdy, closed toed shoes are required, such as work boots or tennis shoes. Those not in compliance will be asked to leave.
- Max group size for construction site is 10 people, except for select landscaping days.
- To ensure volunteer safety on the site, volunteers must bring their own facemasks and gloves.
Become a Construction “Regular” Volunteer
Construction Regulars are the backbone of our home building operation. This is a group of like-minded individuals who are passionate about building Habitat homes on a consistent basis. The expectation is that if you sign up to be a Regular, you are coming out at least 2-3 times per month on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Many regulars come out once or twice per week!
- You’ll get to know the other Regular Volunteers and build long-term relationships
- You’ll learn new skills and improve on them as you spend more time on the construction site
- You will be making a huge impact on Loveland Habitat for Humanity and the individuals and families we serve
Tuesday and Thursday opportunities are not listed on the online calendar. If you’d like to sign up to become a “Regular,” please contact Callie or call 970-669-9769
Interested in volunteering at the ReStore?
Please note that once you sign up for a volunteer slot, you may be contacted by a volunteer coordinator to request more information before providing your volunteering details. The Loveland Habitat ReStore is one of the most successful ReStores in the U.S. and that is due to our volunteers, they make it a special place to donate and shop. Best of all, the income raised by the ReStore helps our affordable housing mission!
- Volunteer schedule is 10am – 4pm, Tuesday – Saturday except holidays.
- Volunteers help receive and sort donations, price and display merchandise, test electronics and appliances, and assist with clerical duties.
- ReStore volunteers must be 15 years of age or older!
- We are also looking for “Regular” ReStore volunteers to come out on a consistent basis. If you are interested in becoming a “Regular” ReStore Volunteer, please sign up for a day on the online calendar and let a staff person know when you are at the ReStore. Regular volunteers make a major impact as they consistently volunteer throughout the year.
If you want to help out, come and volunteer! Join together with friends, members of your church or company – or sign up as an individual. If you have any questions, contact Callie at 970-669-9769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative & Support Volunteers
In addition to construction, we have many other important areas where you can volunteer. See the volunteer opportunities below and let us know what interests you.
- Board Membership: Our Board of Directors provides critical strategic direction and fundraising support to help our staff meet the demand for decent, affordable housing in Loveland.
- Homeowner Selection Committee members work directly with our partner homeowners and help manage the application process for our clients, plan our education series, and help us reach out to the community with information on our homeownership program.
- Fundraising Committee: This committee works together with staff on plans to help meet the financial needs of our organization. This includes but is not limited to: presentations at service organizations, community event booths, event planning, personal and professional outreach. Members support annual fundraising events such as Builder’s Ball, Cornhole Tournament, Women Build, Real Estate Build, and more!
- Women Build Committee: Committee members help promote awareness of our annual Women Build event, provide feedback and planning support, and participate as a team!
- Administrative and Office Support
- Event support: we always need volunteers to help our events run smoothly, and that each guest is welcomed and treated to a great “Habitat experience.” Roles include set-up, tear down, hospitality, registration, photography, and errands.
- Office Assistance: Reception, phones, filing, errands, and other tasks at our Administrative Office.
- Special Projects: Help staff complete mailings and other projects that come up periodically. This position is perfect for a person or group who would like to participate on an “as needed” basis.
To learn more about volunteering with Loveland Habitat, call Callie at 970-669-9769 x 102.