Important Qualifications to Consider
Purchasing a home is a big step towards a successful future. There are important qualifications that you must meet to be considered for Habitat homeownership. Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
Residency: Applicants must live or work in Loveland for one year prior to application.
Housing Need: (examples)
- Overcrowded conditions; or
- Unsafe housing; or
- Rent is more than 40% of your income; or
- Receive subsidized housing or Section 8 vouchers.
Willingness to Partner:
- Meet deadlines for application process
- Attend classes once selected
- Complete “sweat equity” volunteer hours before moving into your home.
Ability to Pay for the Home:
- Meet income range guidelines
- Currently able to pay bills on time
- No bankruptcy in past 2 years, no foreclosure in past 3 years
- No outstanding liens, judgments or collections (non medical)
- Be a US citizen or legal resident
Meet Income Eligibility (see chart below)